Why is healthy breakfast so important?
Healthy breakfast is the breaking up of our overnight fast by eating healthy foods, or a healthy meal eaten in the morning, the first of the day. Typically, you stop eating before nightfall, it could be between 5 pm – 8 pm (it depends on locations where you live in) 2 to 3 hours before going to bed and you would wake up at around 6 am – 8 am, it means you stayed completely 10 – 12 hours fast (without eating anything except something liquid like water, tea, or coffee). This type of overnight fasting is called circadian rhythm intermittent (time restricted feeding) fasting, and it helps to lower blood sugar and insulin levels, as well as healthy weight loss. Fasting in the evening and overnight, then eating early in the morning is the most beneficial. Research says clearly that eating in the morning and afternoon control the blood sugar level, and beneficial in weight loss rather than eating late in the day. Eating high-fiber foods, like beans, fruits, nuts, and protein-rich foods, vegetables, meat, fish etc. you can break up your fasting. Why is the healthy diet so important?
What are healthy breakfast foods?
Healthy breakfast plays a key role in human health. In fact, avoiding breakfast is better than eating unhealthy breakfast foods. If you start your day with healthy breakfast such as nutritious and well-balanced breakfast, this type of breakfast gives you more energy and prevent many kinds of diseases and you will be healthy through your life. Some best foods are given below which provide you essential nutrients as well as better feeling. Some of the healthy breakfasts include:
• Eggs – It is healthy and delicious to eat. Research says that eating eggs during breakfast raises feeling of fullness, reduces calories, maintain blood sugar and insulin levels. Eggs yolk contains lutein and zeaxanthin (both are antioxidants), which prevents eye disorders such as cataracts and macular degeneration. Choline is a very important nutrient for brain and liver health, which is found in eggs. Intake of eggs reduces the risks of heart diseases by reducing bad cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol. High protein and several important nutrients are found in eggs.
• Greek yogurt – It is not only creamy and delicious, but it is also nourishing. It is the best sources of protein therefore, it reduces feelings of hunger (appetite) and resulted in control in weight. Full-fat yogurt contains conjugated linoleic acid, it helps in fat loss and it helps to decrease the risk of breast cancer.
• Oatmeal – Oatmeal is made from ground oats. It contains a unique fiber which is called oat beta-glucan. Oat beta-glucan fiber has many health benefits and it reduces bad cholesterol too. The fiber found in oatmeal promotes feelings of fullness, due to this it helps to reduce body weight. It has antioxidants characteristics therefore, it protects their fatty acids from becoming rancid, decrease blood pressure, and promotes in heart health.
• Nuts – Although nuts are tasty, satisfying and nutritious, they are high in calories but, according to research, it is not possible to absorb all the fat in them, whereas human body only absorbs about 129 calories of a 28gram serving of almonds. Intake of nuts reduces the risks of heart diseases, inflammation as well as insulin resistance. All types of nuts are rich in magnesium, potassium and heart-healthy monosaturated fat. Consumption of nuts is also beneficial for people with diabetes because it improves blood sugar control.
• Chia seeds – It is nutritious and one of the best sources of fiber. Viscous fiber is found in chia seeds, which absorbs water therefore, it promotes fullness and satisfied. Chia seeds reduce hunger, it brings improvement in blood sugar and blood pressure. It is the sources of antioxidants which protect your cells from unstable molecules called free radicals that are produced during metabolism. Consumption of chia seeds decreases inflammation and the risk of diseases because of the presence of high fiber and antioxidants characteristics.
• All kinds of berries – There are many kinds of berries such as raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries. They are delicious in taste and a good source of antioxidants. It is also a good source of fiber. It has low calories. Due to the presence of anthocyanins antioxidants in berries, it reduces the risks of heart diseases. It reduces inflammation, and prevent blood cholesterol from oxidizing.
• Green tea – Caffeine found in green tea improves mood, alertness and it raises metabolism. Green tea reduces blood sugar level and maintains insulin level, therefore, it is useful against diabetes. It contains the antioxidants known as EGCG, which is useful in protecting the human brain, nervous system, and heart from damage. Maybe therefore, green tea is considered as the healthiest beverages in today’s world.
• Coffee – It has high in caffeine, which improves mood, alertness and mental performance and metabolism. It increases metabolic rate and fat burning. Coffee is rich in antioxidants, which reduces inflammation, protects the cells lining your blood vessels and decrease diabetes and liver disease risk.
• Fruit – All kinds of fruits have more or fewer vitamins, fiber, potassium, water, and low calories. Typically, citrus fruit have high vitamin C. Fruits are helpful in reduction of the risks of diseases because of the presence of antioxidants in them. You can eat fruits with eggs, cheese, or with yoghurt as breakfast.
• Flaxseeds – Flaxseeds are loaded with nutrients, high in omega-3 fats (which is beneficial for powerful health for your body and brain), rich source of lignans (which helps to reduce cancer risk), rich in dietary fiber, may improve cholesterol, may lower blood pressure, may help to control blood sugar, it contains high-quality protein, due to this reduces appetite so it helps to control body weight.
• Cottage cheese – Cottage cheese is protein-rich breakfast food, which promotes fullness and increases metabolism. Due to the presence of conjugated linoleic acid into it, it reduces body weight. You can eat cottage cheese with berries, flaxseeds, or with chopped nuts.
If you want to know about 11 Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Popular Breakfast Recipes click here…