What is the definition of health science?
Health science is a group of disciplines with regards to the delivery of health care to humans and animals through the application of science and technology. Furthermore, it is a kind of field in which knowledge is taken by studying, doing research from relevant sources and applied (put to practical use as opposed to being theoretical) to practical and clinical practices to improve the health of humans and animals. Health sciences mainly are of two parts:
Part I – The study, research, and knowledge of health that how humans and animal function.
Part II – The application of that knowledge gained during study, research to maintain, or improve health of living beings, give treatment to diseases.
Moreover, health science is the science which focuses only on health, or health care of living beings.If you want to searching some tips for a natural immune system boost click here….
How many branches are of health science?
Typically, health science has three branches, these are as mentioned below:
(a) Mental health – Mental health is a person’s condition about their psychological and emotional well-being. It is a level of psychological well-being without any mental illnesses.
(b) Social health – It is an ability to form satisfying interpersonal relationships with others. It is also an adaptability to different kind of social situations and act appropriately. It is a person’s level of support from people and institutions around them. Socially healthy peoples are mentally and emotionally healthier. Because social health impacts a person’s mental, physical, and emotional well-being.
(c) Physical health – Physical health is the state of physical well-being in which the individual is able to perform daily activities without any problems. It is the healthiness of the body without of disease or unusualness. It can be achieved by maintaining physical fitness and health through physical exercise and proper nourishment. If you have good physical health which improves your overall health and reduces the chances of becoming sick as well.
Why is the health science education so important?
The health science education is the most important because, it prepares students for their career with regard to medicine, nursing, health science, and related health programs. By participating the program of health science education, the students who are preparing for health careers can grab valuable information regarding health-related career. The technical skills, health care skills, and opportunities to gain the knowledge which is essential for entry-level health care jobs, are provided by the program of health science education.
What are the career opportunities in the health science?
The lifestyle of the people is being changed day by day and everybody remain always very busy, therefore it makes them constrained to depend on fast-food, they do not have the time to take care of health. Due to all these reasons the rate of sick peoples is growing, it resulted the growth of demand of healthcare professionals. Therefore, the following types of fruitful career opportunities are expected to increase in the future in the health science.
1. Healthcare administration – It is compulsorily essential a competent administrator to run an organization smoothly. Therefore, every hospital and clinic need a competent healthcare administrator who works throughout a hospital, clinic and keep hospital up to date with current laws, regulations and technologies. This area of healthcare is rapidly expanding.
2. Pharmacy technician – Every pharmacy needs at least a pharmacy technician, it depends on the size of the pharmacy. Pharmacy technician works at hospital pharmacy or other drugstores. The demand of pharmaceutical products is growing therefore, the field of pharmacy technician is also expanding day to day.
3. Healthcare communications – Communication professionals always keep the public aware about the current facilities, new advancements, and successful treatment against different varieties of diseases. They write press releases, and create newsletter etc. The main tasks of communication professionals are to establish public relations. Their demand is also expected to increase in the future.
4. Epidemiologist – The main duty of epidemiologists is to study about the diseases and find out how the diseases spread, e.g. they study the spread of certain viruses and try to guess previously how and where it will spread next, on the basis of this prediction, or information, healthcare professionals can work to find solutions. This area of healthcare is also growing.
5. Biomedical engineer – It is the combination of biology and engineering. Its major purpose is to heal patients. Biomedical engineer designs an artificial heart, install and support medical device. They work with any kind of device that support human biology. They may work in hospitals, where they might be in charge of maintaining diagnostic equipment, they may work at laboratories of private companies, where they design and test new products for the market. The field of the biomedical engineer is also expected to grow in the future. It may be the fruitful career.
6. Occupational therapists – Their main tasks are to help patients to recover from many kinds of ailments, such as stroke, paralysis, dementia, and any kinds of drug addiction. They help people in learning, how to conduct the business of day to day life. This field is also more attractive and expected to grow in the future.
7. Medical laboratory technician – The main task of lab technician is to perform chemical, hematological, immunologic, histopathological, cytopathological, microscopic, and bacteriological diagnostic analyses on body fluids such as blood, stool, sputum, urine, cerebrospinal fluid etc. as well as other specimens provided by the doctor. Some work in hospitals, some in doctor’s offices, and some work in diagnostic laboratories. This field is also growing day by day.
8. Physical therapists – They help patients to recover the use of their limbs if it is lost, or do not work properly due to accidents, or illnesses. Mostly, physical therapists work in hospitals, but they may work in private homes, or long-term care facilities, and in a gym or with a sports team with such kinds of limb related patients. The scope of physical therapists is seemed fruitful in the future.
Do you want to know about health Science Degrees: Program Options & Career Paths click here to learn more….